Sunday 7 November 2010

A productive first lesson
















My first innovation lesson was a very tiring but fun one! Me, Sophie and Leah created a beautiful little mock up dress using the technique of subtraction cutting which is great because it is fairly simple to do and very effective. The outcome is a structured garment with a unique shape. The beauty of this method is that every time you use it, you create a different dress, and your choice of fabric also effects this. One group in my class used clear plastic, which was really stiff, and the dress turned out to be amazing because it held in place very well and created a strong shape/silhouette. 

I really enjoyed doing this and it will definitely help to improve on my technical skills, which are in need of some practice! Its something I will consider focussing on and doing more of throughout the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment