Friday 12 November 2010

Lost in translation

So I've looked at lots of inspiration and ideas surrounding the theme of communication, and I've decided to follow one of those ideas taken from the idea, lost in translation, which is miscommunication. This can involve misunderstandings, hidden perceptions, mixed messages, anything of that sort. I will continue to follow this idea along, and will hopefully come up with some great inspiration for designs.

The first thing I found whilst researching this, was a great website for miscommunications due to language barriers, which was quite funny....

http://tashian.com/multibabel/

...this site allows you to translate a sentence back and forth between different languages, and back to English. Its very interesting to see the outcome, as it is very rarely the same. I tried the line "A mountain out of a molehill", and the translation I got was "Mountain of monticule the awkward person!" It doesn't even make sense, let alone have the same meaning! So have a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment