Saturday 20 November 2010

Prints and fabrics

After the messing about with puzzles from the previous post, I created a print with just one of the images, and because they were all geometric shapes with straight lines, they're quite easy to get a print out of, so it would work for more than one print too, but here's an example...
















I'm really impressed with how its come out, its great against the black background, I tried it with quite a pale background and I think it looks just as good, if not better...































I didn't mean to leave a black outline, but it works very well, without it, the print might not stand out as much.

















Fabrics I've been looking at are waterproof, wrinkle free and odourless ones, as they are intelligent fabrics and give beautiful clothes an additional purpose, and a practicality. I only managed to find waterproof fabrics, such as nylon, poly/cotton, nylon/polyester, and coated cotton, the samples will be on the design sheets. These are all great fabrics which are good quality and don't look too much like tent fabrics!














Also to fit in with the idea of miscommunication and confusion, I have looked at sheer fabrics, where you can see the outline of the body or silhouette through the fabric, sort of like an illusion. I chose fabrics such as chiffon and organza . I was also looking for a sheer, matte, plastic type fabric but couldn't find the actual fabric, just examples in garments, I guess I could use a plain shower curtain!

















No comments:

Post a Comment