Tuesday 4 October 2011

New Year, Fresh Start
















Its the beginning of the year and after having an amazing summer spent in London and a great internship at Erderm, its time for a fresh start with a new pathway: communication! It wasn't after a lot of thought that I decided to transfer from design to communication, purely for technical reasons! When I say technical, I mean the manufacturing side of fashion, which I just haven't managed to get the hang of in the 2 years that I have been on this course! So I have decided to focus more on the graphic or visual side of fashion, and I will see where it takes me...!

Back to the start of the term. A new term means a new module, and this is a really exciting one because it is a brief and competition set by the RSA (Royal Society for the Encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce). It is also quite a refreshing task because the target customer are the middle aged. I know very little about them and there are lots of misconceptions surrounding them that may need to be looked into a little more.

So the brief is to create a new clothing concept or brand for 40-60 year olds, whilst designing something that challenges the idea of middle age and focuses on the positives. It will be interesting to research and discover more about a generation that is not mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment