Tuesday 10 May 2011

Back to Basics

I was a little clueless about a tailored jacket and its components, so I looked at magazines for help, the mens mags were most helpful with suit jackets on most of the pages....















The simplicity of Stella McCartney, with the extremely clean and simple tailored jacket. I love the perfect rounded edges, and narrow, straight look. Also the top stitching is a nice detail.

















This editorial from Bon magazine shows some stunning jackets, the way they are cut away really caught my eye, they're very sexy, but I guess it would be interesting to apply this to some more oversized jackets too.



















The jackets above are so unusual, they are very minimal, but the details make them so different and fresh.




















This jacket looked really unusual to me, its very sleek and fitted, but it has patch pockets which don't usually look formal. Its also double breasted with a fairly high breakpoint, but it all works really well.





























All of these images from Bon, Arena Homme + and Indie magazine, and loads more really helped to point out the different details and components of a jacket, especially the more simple ones. I'm learning to appreciate a beautifully tailored jacket!

No comments:

Post a Comment