Thursday 14 April 2011

Tailoring Design Project: Aquascutum

I have finally reached the last project of the year! This is a tailoring project, therefore I will be making a tailored suit jacket and possibly a pair of trousers. We are going back to basics and back to British for this project, as I will be designing for Aquascutum, a S/S 2012 collection. The colour scheme we have been given is either black, blue or grey.

To inspire some initial research and to get the project going, we were given some keywords: Amish, Missing, Incognito, Hero and Bewitched. Lifestyle and culture is always interesting to me and very inspirational, so the obvious choice was Amish. It was really interesting as I knew very little about the Amish and how restricted and confined their lives are compared to ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment